The African Children of Peace Club (ACPC),was founded on December 17, 2004 in LagosState Nigeria. The African Children of Peace Club is one of four school-based peace clubs through which AFPLI is promoting its youth peace and nation building initiatives. The club is targeted at children ages 5-12, attending nursery, kindergarten, primary schools. The ACPC is a very active club founded across the country.
The African Children of Peace Clubs are engaged in peace building advocacy throughout the country. some of our activities include:
- Street Peace Rallies for Peaceful Elections.
- Providing Peer Leadership at school, home, and the community.
- Promoting School Peace through Co-curricular Activities.
- Participation at the International Day of Peace Programs.
- Observance of Children’s Day.
- The International Children’s Broadcasting Day.
- The International HIV/AIDS Day.
- The End of Year Children’s Parties.
- The bi-annual National Airspace Safety Prayers in conjunction with the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA).
- The bi-annual Children’s Intercessory Prayers.
- Brokering Peace at Community Level among Royal Fathers, Chieftains, and Community Leaders.